when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
1 Corinthians 13:11 (NASB)
There is a very serious epidemic in our country regarding boys and men. In the United States there is statistically a severe disadvantage in being a boy in regards to health, education, and freedom. Here’s a few startling facts happening today in our country –
- For every 100 females ages 15-19 that commit suicide, 549 males in the same age range kill themselves.
- For every 100 girls diagnosed with a learning disability, 276 boys are diagnosed with a learning disability.
- For every 100 girls diagnosed with emotional disturbance, 324 boys are diagnosed with emotional disturbance.
- In the United States Federal Prisons, over 93% of the prison cells are being filled by a male and less than 6% are filled by females.
- There is a curse growing against the boys of our land.
However, God shares with His people this message at the close of the Old Testament.
He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers,
so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse.”
Malachi 4:5 (NASB)
“Men are made not born, it seems. Boys are born and not yet made…” Richard Rohr
The Jesus Man Experience is an intentional developmental process designed to help boys and men mature into manhood. This process involves large one to two day group gatherings with weekly small focused groups which will crystalize into fixed groups centering on the male healing. The groups will be led by trained The Jesus Man Experience leaders and Coaches.